sexta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2009

Reflections


Reflections- What does it mean?
To see that same face staring back at me
When I am flailing helpless in the sea,
When I wash up on the beach
And consist of only shadow.

Vanity; wash me away
And bring me to stillness

Sanity: bring me to shore
And wake me to the bustle of life

Heaviness; help me to rise above
And find a point beyond loneliness

Peace; let me hear your call when
All other voices are silent


Hope: do not forget me when
I sit in an isolated corner of sobriety,
Tempted to believe there is no such thing
as a society.

Faith; start a fire in me where
The land is barren
And it seems there is no fuel.


Christ: be a light in me
So that when I meet my reflection,
The face that is supposed to be me
I may greet it with great love and affection
For in that face will be more than weightless shadow.
In the face that regards me,
The face that is mine;
In each imperfection, crumple and line
May be etched the mark of your love.

Echo,
Echo silent as the sea
Off of the reflection
That is me.
And let the waves of your love wash over,
The wings of your dove draw closer
To all those who seem to be floating away;
Helpless and hopeless in to an obscurity
That begins with doubt.
Send simplicity to meet them,
And life to greet them
In that familiar face they see in the mirror each day

Reflection- what does it mean?
For the living God to be seen in
Each face we look upon
If he is in each and every one
Than a reflection is more
than simply an image of self.

Strip away the wealth,
Cut the binding chain,
Bring reality to the beautiful
And to the vain.


For when we look upon any member of humanity;
In simplicity and cold sanity
We should find a common reflection in all,
Peter next to Paul
The beautiful and the weak

You are what you seek
-One part of one body-
No greater, No less.
A piece of one almighty reflection
-One great resurrection-
That will shatter your mirror to shards


Reflection- what does it mean?
Far more than is seen.
Far more than it seems.
When I wake from those empty dreams
And look upon a face

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário